Things have been slow and that “slowness” tends to get my wheels turning. I’ve come up (don’t panic, this isn’t happening that I know of) with two new ideas relating to the pricing and distribution of new powers:
Stay with me!
How it works: Xat releases a new power. Power is limited. Only 1 power per person. Price starts at 1 xat, and each power sold thereafter increases the powers price by 1 xat (or some other increment).
– benefits those users that frequent Xat by allowing them to purchase early and cheaply; a great motivator to stay on Xat during power releases
– early adopters/purchasers would be able to make significant profit if they chose to sell the power once it became unavailable
– you snooze you lose. Sorry… I just come up with the ideas.
Serialized powers + Sequential pricing:
How it works: Xat releases a new power. Power is visibly serialized (i.e. it has a serial number – don’t ask how, that’s for Darren/42 to think up *wink*). Like numbered ID’s, lower numbered powers would be worth more. Example, if I had purchased Purple #234, it would be less sought after and less valuable than Purple #001, or Purple #007, etc…
To make things more interesting, Xat could limit the power (for this example let’s say to 1000; at which point it would become unavailable). They could release #1000 first at 1000 xats then, each sale would increment the price by some number and decrement the serial # by one.
Purple #999 is 1000 xats
Purple #998 is 1100 xats
Purple #997 is 1200 xats
Purple #001 is 100,000 xats
– benefits those users that frequent Xat, those that don’t have the bankroll to buy an Epic power, and those that do have the bankroll who are after the coolness factor (i.e. getting a low numbered power); a great motivator to both stay on Xat during power releases and to be actively checking the powers page
– early adopters/purchasers would be able to buy the power at a reasonable price, those that had their eye on the low numbered powers could wait to buy and make interesting profits when they chose to sell
– makes trading the power much more dynamic. Resale price would be set by the market and determined once the power has become unavailable.
– you snooze you lose. Again, sorry…
Those are the ideas. Comment below or go straight to the poll!
Idea inspired by One thousand paintings.